Residential Energy Audit and Direct Install Program
All energy efficiency programs are now open. As part of our commitment to safety, we are taking additional precautions in connection with efforts to protect the health and safety of our customers, trade allies and employees. All energy efficiency trade allies are following the health and safety guidelines below:
- All employees will be monitored for COVID-19 symptoms prior to each shift.
- Customers will be contacted prior to on-site visits to confirm no one has tested positive or has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days. Appointments will be rescheduled if necessary.
- Six feet of social distancing will be maintained at all times.
- Face masks will be worn at all times.
- All employees must wash their hands or use approved hand sanitizer before and after each visit.
- Equipment and electronics will be sanitized before and between each visit.
Are you READI to save?
Get a home energy audit, recommendations for energy efficient upgrades, and energy-saving items installed in your home at no additional cost.*
Now offering incentives on upgrades for duct sealing, air sealing and ceiling insulation.
Three Steps to Savings
Through our READI Program, an authorized trade ally will visit your home and share simple ways to improve your home's energy efficiency and reduce your energy costs. Here's how it works:
Step 1 Schedule your walk-through. One of our authorized trade allies, specially trained in energy efficiency, will visit your home and perform a walk-through with you to point out ways you can reduce energy use and save money. The walk-through will take about an hour. He or she will inspect and advise you on the condition of various features in your home, including:
- Insulation levels.
- Air leaks.
- Heating and cooling systems.
- Windows and doors.
- Lighting and appliances.
- Water-heating equipment.
Step 2 Review findings and recommendations. After the walk-through, you will receive a simple Home Energy Report summarizing the findings and opportunities to reduce your energy costs. You also will receive information about other READI improvements such as duct sealing, air sealing, and ceiling insulation that you may qualify to receive that can help you increase energy efficiency, improve comfort, and save money.
Step 3 Get energy-saving items installed. With your permission, the energy efficiency expert will install a number of products during their visit that can help you start saving energy and money immediately. These products might include:
Up to 14 energy-efficient light bulbs.
LED night light.
Two efficient-flow fixed or handheld showerheads.**
Up to four faucet aerators.**
Plus, if your home qualifies, additional energy-saving upgrades can be scheduled. The upgrades below are eligible for incentives that will often cover up to the full cost.
Duct sealing. Reduces air escaping through leaky, poorly insulated or inefficient ducts. In a typical home, about 20% of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes and poorly connected ducts. This loss can lead to:
- Higher energy costs year-round.
- Difficulty heating and cooling your home.
- Stuffy rooms that never feel comfortable.
Air sealing. Helps reduce air leaks so your heating and cooling system work efficiently, and your home stays comfortable while helping you save energy.
Ceiling insulation. Keeps the desired temperature in your house all year round, protecting it against cold in winter and excess heat in summer.
* Residential customers are eligible to participate once every five years.
** For homes with electric water heating.
Don't wait. Schedule your appointment today.